What in the world is this blog about?

Hi! My name is Emily Butler. I’m a 21 year old college student studying English at the University of Mary Washington. I applied for the ASE study abroad program last spring and have just arrived in Bath, Somerset, England! This is my first time out of the country and my last year of undergrad studies, so I plan on making the most of this experience.

The idea behind this blog is to keep my friends and family updated, chronicle my experiences, and fulfill my Experiential Learning requirements. I wanted a structure for this study abroad blog that would be a little bit different, but also allow me to keep up with blogging even after I get busier during the semester. I’ve decided to blog in the form of a list. I can give credit to this idea to Professor Rafferty and his creative nonfiction class. Let’s see how it goes!

Em